I had one job. And I burnt it. One of the few things I could confidently tell you I'm good at is baking. Mostly because I like to eat the dough or batter all the while. And also mostly because baking instructions are clean and simple--they give you measurements, ingredients, temperatures, timing--all that good stuff. They make it so easy and fulproof. They meaning the Betty Crockers of the world.
So yesterday, my job was to make a dessert for our Fourth of July meal. My strawberry shortcake biscuits were going to be my one contributing factor to the meal of American champions. And somehow, sometime, somewhere along the line, they got burnt. Not inedible burnt, but just the time of overdone toastiness that makes things dry and brown looking.
We ate them anyways.
But I got to thinking about other disclaimers that I am no good at...
throwing and/or catching frisbees
making guacamole
not talking during movies or TV shows I don't understand
No comments:
Post a Comment